The versatility and durability of decorative concrete makes it one of the most suitable surfaces for a multitude of environments.
And just as each environment is different, so too are the sealers that are required. Consideration should be given to the look you want to achieve, location, abrasion and chemical resistance, maintenance limitations, site access challenges and slip resistance.
As a long term leading supplier to the industry, CCS is very familiar with these requirements. We are continually researching, testing, modifying and adding sealers to our range – to meet the ever changing needs of the concrete industry throughout Australia and overseas.
Why seal decorative concrete?
- Dramatically improves the appearance of concrete by adding luster and richness. Natural finishes are available as an alternative.
- Protects decorative concrete from the harsh Australian weather.
- Resists the marking effects of dirt, grime, salt, moss and oils.
- Makes concrete much easier to wash and clean.
- Seals the pores in the concrete to restrict flow of lime to the surface.
Choosing the Correct Sealer
When choosing the correct sealer for your project, you may wish to consider the following key points:
- Aesthetics (appearance)
- Cost of the product and application
- Surface Usage – the type and quantity of traffic
- Lifespan and Maintenance
- Slip Resistance.
Types of Sealers
There are four main types of sealers that are applied to concrete. Each of these sealers has different features which make them suitable for particular situations.
- Acrylic Sealers (all purpose coatings)
- Urethanes (extremely tough and durable)
- Penetrating Sealers (penetrates into surface and provides a natural look)
- Epoxies (for internal use) (please refer to the ACS range of coatings and sealers)
Low VOC, environmentally friendly CCS Sealers
Acrylic Sealers (all purpose coatings)
Acrylic sealers, such as CCS Hardseal , are the most widely used and preferred coating in the concrete industry. They are UV resistant, relatively easy to apply, can be applied soon after concrete installation, are economically priced and have excellent recoating abilities.
Acrylic sealers are ideal for exposed aggregate, full depth coloured concrete, stencil concrete, pattern concrete and Stylepave resurfacing systems.